This week has been extremely hectic. Midterms are coming up so I've been trying to cut away the shrink-wrap from all my textbooks and start taking notes, so I was extremely thankful when I realized that this week in my CSC 148 class we were just doing recursion all week! This meant that I could relax and let myself breath since recursion isn't THAT complicated. It started out daunting when I was first introduced to it, but after a few Youtube videos, it became much more manageable. However, the turtles example given in class for recursion was quite thorough and the visual manifestation of the code made me feel more confident in my understanding of the concept. Now that the "important" bit is talked about, lets move on to more pressing matters.
I'm a second-year student, and yet I'm still taking first year courses. Why? Because I wanted to do Neuroscience and Chemistry as my double major, but took CSC 108 and fell so madly in love with CS that I dropped my chemistry major in favour of it. Now, the problem is that I'm four whole courses behind and my PEY applications start next year, I have no external project experience, and my GPA is kind of terrible. And on top of all of that, I have four midterms, two assignments, and two labs all in the same atrocious week directly before my break, so this post is going to be significantly more casual and less thought out than last weeks, as you may have noticed. So I guess that ends that. This week has been the beginning of some odd ceremony performed by UofT to slowly crush my spirit, and I don't see it getting any better any time soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment